Coronavirus / Covid -19 Update - 12th July 2020
I'm thrilled to be able to let you know that rb massage is reopening from Thursday 16th July 2020. Coupled with the excitement of opening my treatment room again comes the task of organising a Covid-19 safe environment for us all.
I appreciate that there is still some uncertainty around Coronavirus / Covid-19 going forward and will continue to monitor this closely and follow all guidance and advice on the prevention of infection issued by the UK Government and Public Health England. My clients' and my family's health and safety is my main priority and while we move through the various levels of the Covid-19 alert system, there will be some changes in terms of how rb massage operates to ensure the health and safety of everyone.
I wanted to take the time to outline the changes that I have made in this email and feel that although this email will be long, it is important that everyone fully understands what changes have been made to ensure that I comply with Government and Professional Association guidance. These changes are to keep everyone as safe as possible so if you're planning on booking an appointment, I'd appreciate you taking the time to read this email.
Now the details
Before the appointment
- In your booking conformation email, there will be a link to complete online forms. On your first appointment after lockdown (even if you have been before) you will be required to complete an initial assessment form (this is a requirement of my governing body / professional association) AND a Covid -19 screening form. You will be required to complete a Covid-19 screening form when booking every appointment there after. Please complete these forms within 24 hours of booking the appointment.
What I'll have done
- All soft furnishings will have been removed from the treatment room.
- The treatment room and communal areas you have access to will have been thoroughly cleaned and sanitised before your appointment and between clients.
- There will be a minimum time of 15 minutes in between clients for sufficient sanitisation of the treatment room and toilet facilities.
- The room will be aired in between clients.
- Please arrive on time for your appointment and wait in your car until I come and get you. I will endeavour not to keep you waiting.
- All clients must wear a two-layered mask or face covering to the treatment and be wearing this before they enter the premises. I will be wearing a new face mask for every client and will be wearing this when I come and get you.
- Before entering the premises, you will be asked to complete a Covid-19 screening form.
- On entering the premises, you will be required to wash and sanitise your hands. Please do not touch anything as you enter the house, I will open and close the doors for you.
- You will asked to place all your belongings (including any clothes you remove) in the plastic box provided. This is sanitised between clients.
- We are required to keep contact time to a minimum and therefore appointments will be a maximum of 45 minute in length.
- I will wear a vizor when I start the hands on treatment. This is sanitised between clients.
- I am unable to do any soft tissue work on the face or head, but can work on the neck.
- You will be required to by bank transfer - I will provide details if you don't already have them.
- You will be able to sanitise your hands before leaving.
What to bring with you.....
1. A two-layered mask/face covering
2. Water should you wish to have some.
If you fall into any of the below categories I will need written confirmation from your GP that you are allowed to have soft tissue therapy
- you have had Covid-19 and were hospitalised
- you are currently taking medication for Covid-19
- you were considered to be in a high risk group and were therefore required to shield. This includes all those over 70 and all pregnant females.
If you had a gift voucher which expired during the temporary closure, the expiry date will now be 16.09.2020 (2 months after the reopening).
Please can I ask that if you develop any of the COVID-19 symptoms (cough, fever, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell); if you have travelled from abroad in the last 14 days; or you have been in contact with anyone with a confirmed case of COVID-19, that you do not attend any appointments with rb massage and that you follow the official guidance.
If I or anyone in my household becomes unwell with the Covid-19 symptoms or I am contacted by track and trace, I will make clients aware immediately and reschedule appointments. This may mean I need to cancel / reschedule appointments at short notice but this is to keep everyone safe.
Coronavirus / Covid -19 Update - 4th July 2020
Although the Government have eased lockdown in more industries, Soft Tissue Therapy is not one of those industries. Soft Tissue Therapy is classed as a 'close contact service' and we are waiting to here from the Government when we will be allowed to reopen. If you would like to know when I reopen and not currently on my mailing list please email me at to be added to the mailing list.
Coronavirus / Covid-19 Update - 18th March 2020
I have had to make the very difficult decision today to close rb massage until further notice.
I have not taken this decision lightly; I had been trying to continue the business as normal as possible for as long as possible and I’d like to thank you for trusting me and continuing to book appointments.
Within the therapy industry, the information we have been receiving since the Coronavirus outbreak hasn’t been clear and in some respects still isn’t as the Government itself hasn’t given specific guidance. However, today I received an email from the Institute of Sports and Remedial Massage, one of my governing bodies, advising that we should discontinue treatments even with those not in a high risk group. This guidance has not been consistent across all the governing bodies; however, I do feel I have a responsibility to do what I can to put the health of my clients and family first and do not want to do anything that might jeopardise this for anyone.
I would like to make it clear that I am not self- isolating and no-one in my household is experiencing symptoms of coronavirus.
If you have a gift voucher, I will be extending this for 2 months after my reopening date.
I will keep you updated with any developments and reopening dates via my facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/rbmassage.co.uk and by email.
I appreciate that you may have an appointment booked with me and I apologise for not fulfilling this. I hope that you can understand that this has been a difficult decision to make. In the meantime, if you have a soft tissue issue you would like advice about, please do get in touch and I will try and help you find a way to manage it yourself.
I hope that you and your family keep safe and well in the coming weeks.
Coronavirus / Covid-19 Update - 14th March 2020
I appreciate that you will no doubt be getting lots of emails about Coronavirus / Covid-19 and I want you to know that I am doing all I can to keep my clients safe. I am following all guidance and advice on the prevention of infection issued by the UK Government and Public Health England and no doubt like you will continue to monitor the situation closely – I remain open as normal for now.
What’s rb massage doing?
rb massage has the following measures in place to safeguard everyone that visits the premises.
- As always all equipment / surfaces in the treatment room are being cleaned on a regular basis with medical grade cleaner.
- Towels are changed between clients.
- Clients will know that I use hand sanitiser within the treatment room and this will now also be available to clients to use.
- Hand washing facilities are also available for clients use.
I will be asking clients to wash their hands on entering the premise and to use the hand sanitiser available. You are also welcome to do this before you leave.
If I or anyone in my household becomes unwell with the Covid-19 symptoms, I will make clients aware immediately and reschedule appointments.
Please can I ask that if you develop any of the COVID-19 symptoms (cough, fever, shortness of breath), if you have travelled from a high risk area or you have been in contact with anyone with a confirmed case of COVID-19, that you do not attend any appointments with rb massage and that you follow the official guidance.
If you need to reschedule / cancel an appointment, please call me on 07713623219 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org